Lymphatic Breast Massage Video (can be done with clothes on or off)

THIS VIDEO IS AN EXAMPLE OF A LYMPHATIC BREAST MASSAGE~Featured therapist giving instruction is Daya Fisch, by permission.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Going to Class

So in my quest to understand the lymphatic system and be more knowledgeable about how it relates to breast health, I've decided to stop searching the internet and asking questions and take the big plunge. On October 15th, I'm taking classes to become a Certified Lymphedema Therapist. It's an intensive 11 day class in Charlotte, NC. I get to stay with my son, daughter-in-law and grand baby. Hopefully, I won't be much of an imposition  to them since I'll be in class all day. I'll cook a few of their favorite dishes and maybe I'll earn my keep.

I've learned so much already in preparation for the class. With this certification, I'm going to set up programs and talks for women and take this show on the road (well, just in my hometown for starters).
Sometimes women have lymph nodes taken from under their armpit when they have breast cancer. In turn, that arm will swell with lymph fluid that has no place to go.  That's where I come in. As a lymphedema therapist, I'll know how to drain that arm, bandage or use compression sleeves to get that arm as close to normal size as possible.

Lymphatic Drainage is also good for relieving headaches, pre and post surgery (especially liposuction procedures), fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, edema, and for one of the most important things, detoxing the body.

Stay tuned as I bring more information about my class, what I'm learning and what it can do for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment