Lymphatic Breast Massage Video (can be done with clothes on or off)

THIS VIDEO IS AN EXAMPLE OF A LYMPHATIC BREAST MASSAGE~Featured therapist giving instruction is Daya Fisch, by permission.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

My vitamin D results~ Woo Hoo!

The last time I was checked it was at 39. My doctor was happy with that number but I wasn't happy with that number, no not I. See my blog entry on the importance of vitamin D. I wanted an optimum level of between 50-70 ng/ml.   Well......I had a new test done a couple of weeks ago and it's at 56!! Woo Hoo! 

Vitamin D plays an important role in calcium balance and for skeletal growth and bone strength. The major role is to improve calcium absorption from the small intestine. Research shows low levels lead to a higher incidence of breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, as well as multiple myeloma. Patients with Crohn's disease and irritable bowel syndrome may be deficient because they can neither absorb nor adequately convert the nutrient. Vitamin D supplementation may even decrease symptoms of depression during the winter months for those that have a problem with seasonal affective disorder.
 
Fatty fish such as salmon, sardines, mackerel, and herring are good sources of vitamin D.

So again, I urge you, if your doctor hasn't brought up the subject, you must ask him or her for a test and see where your levels are. If they won't do it, I encourage you to find a doctor who will. Most doctors have understood the importance of vitamin d and it's research for the past few years. If they don't, then they haven't been brought up to speed. Now I'm off to celebrate with a nice lunch of salmon salad!
~S~




No comments:

Post a Comment